- Last Updated on Saturday, 03 April 2010 20:59
Penn Hall was rented by Henry John Marten in the 1850's and was the birthplace of most of his children including his daughter Floss. There is a good description of its history on the Wolverhampton local history web site.
This grand building though has a number of other indirect family connections on this web site as it was built by the Bradneys and owned for a longtime by the Pershouses. The Bradney's married into the Marsh family, who also married into the Evans family when Charles Evans married Sophie Marsh of the Lloyd in 1804. Their heirs lived at the nearby Lloyd House. The Pershouses also married with the Shaw Hellier's. The whole inter-marrying and single child families came to a sterile conclusion in 1898 when Thomas Bradney Shaw-Hellier married Harriet Bradney Marsh Evans.